- Sheltering under a tree from the heat of the sun, looking north-eastwards across the Gussage valley towards Gussage Down
- Summer flowers bring colour to the chalk and greensand on the north shore of Swanage Bay
- 2003 sees fine weather for all three days of the Wimborne Folk Festival, the largest event of its kind in the south of England
- A rare, female Sand Lizard (Lacerta agilis) scuttles across burnt heathland on Holt Heath, one of several areas of heathland damaged by fire earlier in the year
- By the Sandbanks Ferry and Studland Bay demarking the start of the 1013km (630 mile) South West Coast Path
The pictures of Dorset in June in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen