- 60 years on D-Day is still remembered at Tarrant Rushton airfield, launch site for some of the gliders involved
- For a few days it seemed as though summer had come early, overlooking Chapmans Pool
- Late afternoon haze on a calm day, looking along the Dorset coast from St Aldhelm's Head towards Kimmeridge
- Sea Pinks cover the coastal hills at this time of year, the Coastguard cottages at St Aldhelm's head in the distance
- Poppies bring vibrant colour to a recently ploughed field, north of Wimborne St Giles
The pictures of Dorset in June in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen