- The Grove Road street party, Wimborne, just one of hundreds held across the county at the start of the month to celebrate 50 years of accession to the throne by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- June was generally windy and wet this year out in the mist on the Priest's Way between Swanage and Worth Matravers
- Good for plants however a Frog Orchid (Coeloglossum viride) miraculously surviving grazing by sheep at Badbury Rings
- A hint of summer towards the end of the month ripening crops near Shapwick
- The storms coming in from the Atlantic brought this By-the-wind-sailor (Velella velella) further north than usual with several specimens washing up along the Dorset coast this month
The pictures of Dorset in June in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen