- A late-September day in Lower Kingcombe, a medieval landscape
- Forest tracks and fine weather make for good cycling, here at Moors Valley country park
- The basics of cheese making are demonstrated by a member of the Kitching family at the Sturminster Newton cheese festival
- The sea milky with chalk eroded from the nearby cliffs, Mupe Bay lit by a late-September sun
- The final weekend of the month, sprats shoal at West Bay bringing large numbers of mackerel close to the shore for a brief spell fishermen gathered on the twin jetties have an easy time
The pictures of Dorset in September in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen