- Wimborne's Town Crier braves the heat to announce that the town has again won the 'Small Town' category in the Southern England in Bloom competition Wimborne in Bloom
- The long dry spell experienced this summer leaves the ground parched as seen here beside the cliff top coast path at Kimmeridge, Clavel Tower in the distance
- One of the treats of summertime watching the sun set whilst still basking in the warmth left from earlier in the day, here at Badbury Rings
- Pigs applying full sunblock in the form of cool mud to survive the sun, roaming freely on a farm near the disused WWII Tarrant Rushton airfield
- Cyclists taking part in a 'Hardy Ride' also enjoying the sun, resting for lunch at Wareham during a mass ride around Dorset
The pictures of Dorset in August in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen