- Rain, warmth and sunshine bring out the vibrant greens of spring, looking across Cranborne from near the old castle mound
- The warmer days make for pleasant walks, like here along one of the many drove roads near Badbury Rings
- In woods throughout the county, fern fronds unfurl like uncoiling serpents amongst bluebells and other woodland plants
- A relic from days past, a mobile lambing hut, abandoned in a field near Wimborne
- The first of the spring crops tinge the chalky soil with green on Cranborne Chase near Pentridge
The pictures of Dorset in April in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen