- The pebble beach at the foot of Golden Cap, sculpted by wave action during one of the recent storms
- The Victorian church of St James at Kingston, dominating this small village it was designed for Lord Eldon by G. E. Street also responsible for the Law Courts in central London.
- Many a pack-horse must have crossed this splendid medieval bridge near Bishops Caundle
- Providing a striking contrast to the blues of the sky, Daffodils come into flower outside Christchurch Priory
- Dressed in wetsuits for warmth bathers try a quick evening dip in the sea at Bournemouth, it is still however a little too cold and early in the season for regular swimmers
The pictures of Dorset in March in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen