- The damp autumn brings out a profusion of fungi
- Looking westwards across Kimmeridge Bay, towards Arish Mell and Lulworth beyond
- An annual event pumpkin competition at the Square and Compass, Worth Matravers
- One of the few brighter days in the month, Swanage Bay, Old Harry below and its namesake beyond!
- Also in Swanage, looking eastwards from Peveril Point, the scene a multitude of shades of blue
The pictures of Dorset in October in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen