- Mist rising off the River Stour shortly after sunrise, Canford Bridge (1813), Wimborne
- Autumn's bounty fruit of the Sweet Chestnut split open on the woodland floor, Arne
- With most plants dying back for winter Gorse brings a welcome splash of colour, looking across the marshes at Arne
- Tucked away amongst the trees, the small curch of St Aldhelm at Lytchett Heath, built 1898 by Crickmay & Son for Lord Eustace Cecil
- As the mist begins to clear mid-morning, soft sunlight breaks through onto the Minster and East Street, Wimborne
The pictures of Dorset in October in this gallery are not available for reproduction.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen