- Hidden in the breakwater at Sandbanks, evening sunlight picks out fine detail on one of several sea-side sculptures
- Echoes from prehistoric civilizations, sculpture at Tout Quarry, Portland
- Church of St Michael at Winterbourne Steepleton, here since Saxon times, its spire one of the three medieval spires in Dorset
- Insect trapping leaves of Oblong-leaved Sundew, partially submerged after heavy rain, Middlebere Heath
- And to round off the month ... a tranquil evening scene at West Bay
The pictures of Dorset in September in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen