- Sherborne Abbey, seen on a bright crisp but cold day in December
- Also bright but warmer, climbers enjoy fine weather at Dancing Ledge
- At this time of year the colours of the landscape everywhere are all muted and drab, climbing the hill near Worth Matravers
- Braving the mist and rain, Bournemouth shoppers hunt for bargains in the sales held over the festive season
- Also braving the mist and rain, a lone enthusiast sweeps for treasure and bargains lost by holidaymakers on the beach at Bournemouth
The pictures of Dorset in December in this gallery are not available for reproduction.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen