- A late afternoon walk along Studland Beach, passing debris washed ashore by recent gales
- Cottage and Church of St Mary, Tarrant Hinton, the low winter sun casting deep shadows across the scene
- Bringing some welcome colour to the month Christmas lights festoon East St, Wimborne Minster
- Another brief spell of sunshine this time lighting the theatre and two ferries moored nearby at Weymouth
- Christmas Day promenaders on the sea-front, Bournemouth
The pictures of Dorset in December in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen