- The high tidal range at this time of year exposes the hazardous rock ledges jutting far out into the sea near Kimmeridge Bay
- At the end of a cold misty day, weak sunlight finally breaks through at Corfe Castle
- In the north of the county the winter die back of vegetation reveals a milestone (probably early 19th century) between Cranborne and Pentridge, a relic of Dorset's historic past
- Snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis) carpeting the woodland floor at Manswood, bringing welcome colour to an otherwise drab scene
- Showery clouds sweep down from the north over Ballard down, bringing to an end a late afternoon walk along Swanage beach
The pictures of Dorset in February in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen