- The Shrove Tuesday pancake race around the Minster in Wimborne, some serious contenders!
- Much of the month was overcast and stormy choppy seas in Mupe Bay, the water cloudy with chalk washed from the cliffs
- Wintery clouds scud past the church at Wimborne St. Giles, on the Shaftesbury estate
- Some slightly better conditions towards the end of the month snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis) on a bank overlooking White Mill, Sturminster Marshall
- The more common sight throughout this month heavy rain just before sunset at Lyme Regis
The pictures of Dorset in February in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen