- Brightly coloured sands from the Wealden Beds make for an interesting day out in Worbarrow Bay
- Waiting in hope of being fed some crumbs of bread, wildlife alongside the River Avon in Christchurch
- The colours of winter are yet to be shed, in the countryside south of Bere Regis
- Nether Cerne, one of several small settlements in the Cerne valley, a short distance down river from Cerne Abbas
- Daffodils reach their best during this month, bringing a welcome splash of colour
The pictures of Dorset in March in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982005 John Allen