- Sheep bask in a brief spell of sunshine, in the broad Marshwood Vale
- A late afternoon walk along one of the ramparts of Hambledon Hill, an Iron Age hill-fort (see also: Hod Hill)
- Coastal erosion in action, chalk boulders at the base of Ballard Down, Swanage Bay
- Late afternoon again and more coastal erosion, this time on the Purbeck coast at Chapman's Pool
- Inland one of the many fine Georgian buildings in the Poole conservation area
The pictures of Dorset in March in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen