- The unsettled weather this month produced several dramatic sunsets here as a backdrop whilst collecting cockles in Poole Harbour
- For a brief spell the trees took on autumnal colours, the tree lined avenue leading to the Kingston Lacy Estate, north-west of Wimborne ...
- ... autumnal gales soon stripped the leaves from the trees, Pamphill just west of Wimborne
- As the month progressed the showers became increasingly thundery, looking north from Badbury Rings across the Tarrant Rushton airfield
- Heavy rain led to several rivers breaching their banks, flooding in the Stour valley at Sturminster Newton
The pictures of Dorset in November in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen